Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Lifetime medical costs of knee osteoarthritis management in the United States: impact of extending indications for total knee arthroplasty.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2015; 67: 203-215
- Number of persons with symptomatic knee osteoarthritis in the US: impact of race and ethnicity, age, sex, and obesity.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2016; 68: 1743-1750
- The epidemiology and impact of pain in osteoarthritis.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2013; 21: 1145-1153
- 2019 American college of rheumatology/arthritis foundation guideline for the management of osteoarthritis of the hand, hip, and knee.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2020; 72: 149-162
- Central sensitization: implications for the diagnosis and treatment of pain.Pain. 2011; 152: S2-S15
- Osteoarthritis: the genesis of pain.Rheumatology. 2018; 57: iv43-iv50
- Preoperative neuropathic pain-like symptoms and central pain mechanisms in knee osteoarthritis predicts poor outcome 6 Months after total knee replacement surgery.J Pain. 2018; 19: 1329-1341
- Neuropathic pain symptoms in a community knee OA cohort.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2011; 19: 647-654
- Central sensitization in knee osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia: beyond depression and anxiety.PLoS One. 2019; 14e0225836
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of the prevalence of neuropathic-like pain and/or pain sensitization in people with knee and hip osteoarthritis.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2021;
- Neuropathic pain symptoms on the modified painDETECT correlate with signs of central sensitization in knee osteoarthritis.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2013; 21: 1236-1242
- Nociplastic pain: towards an understanding of prevalent pain conditions.Lancet. 2021; 397: 2098-2110
IASP Terminology. vol. 2021: International Association for the Study of Pain 2017.
- Part of pain labelled neuropathic in rheumatic disease might be rather nociplastic.RMD Open. 2020; 6
- Oral nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for neuropathic pain.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015; 2015: Cd010902
- The association of pre-operative body pain diagram scores with pain outcomes following total knee arthroplasty.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2017; 25: 667-675
- Intra-articular analgesia and steroid reduce pain sensitivity in knee OA patients: an interventional cohort study.Pain Res Treat. 2014; 2014710490
- Gabapentin for chronic neuropathic pain in adults.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 6: Cd007938
- Clinical efficacy and tolerability of Gabapentinoids with current prescription patterns in patients with Neuropathic pain.Pakistan J Med Sci. 2019; 35: 1505-1510
- Associations between gabapentinoids and suicidal behaviour, unintentional overdoses, injuries, road traffic incidents, and violent crime: population based cohort study in Sweden.BMJ. 2019; 365: l2147
Full Prescribing Information: Neurontin (gabapentin). vol. 4168942: US Food and Drug Administration 2017.
- Reports of gabapentin and pregabalin abuse, misuse, dependence, or overdose: an analysis of the food and drug administration adverse events reporting system (FAERS).Res Soc Adm Pharm. 2019; 15: 953-958
- Pain sensitization in people with knee osteoarthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2015; 23: 1043-1056
- Pregabalin and gabapentin in neuropathic pain management after spinal cord injury: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Korean J Pain. 2020; 33: 3-12
- Trends, patient and prescriber characteristics in gabapentinoid use in a sample of United States ambulatory care visits from 2003 to 2016.J Clin Med. 2020; 9
- Trends in gabapentinoid prescribing in patients with osteoarthritis: a United Kingdom national cohort study in primary care.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2019; 27: 1437-1444
- Impact of obesity and knee osteoarthritis on morbidity and mortality in older Americans.Ann Intern Med. 2011; 154: 217-226
- Recommendations for conduct, methodological practices, and reporting of cost-effectiveness analyses: second panel on cost-effectiveness in health and medicine.JAMA. 2016; 316: 1093-1103
- Updating cost-effectiveness--the curious resilience of the $50,000-per-QALY threshold.N Engl J Med. 2014; 371: 796-797
- A multiattribute model for evaluating the benefit-risk profiles of treatment alternatives.Med Decis Making. 2009; 29: 104-115
- Societal cost of opioid use in symptomatic knee osteoarthritis patients in the United States.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2021;
- Glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, and the two in combination for painful knee osteoarthritis.N Engl J Med. 2006; 354: 795-808
National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES). Online: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2017-2018.
Medicare Current Beneficiaries Survey (MCBS). Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services 2014-2016.
- Evaluation of the CMS-HCC Risk Adjustment Model.RTI International, 2011
- Osteoarthritis Initiative. University of California, San Fransisco2013
- Validation of pain severity assessment using the PainDETECT questionnaire.Int J Anesthesiol Pain Med. 2017; 03
- The long-term effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized placebo-controlled trial.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2000; 39: 1095-1101
Red Book Online. vol. vol. 2020: Truven Health Analytics Inc.
- The Cost of Dispensing Study: an independent comparative analysis of U.S. prescription dispensing costs. Coalition for Community Pharmacy Action: National Community Pharmacists Association, 2015
- Efficacy of duloxetine and gabapentin in pain reduction in patients with knee osteoarthritis.Clin Rheumatol. 2019; 38: 2873-2880
- The cost-effectiveness of platelet-rich plasma compared with hyaluronic acid injections for the treatment of knee osteoarthritis.Arthroscopy. 2020; 36: 3072-3078
- Cost-effectiveness of pregabalin for the management of neuropathic pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy and postherpetic neuralgia: a Canadian perspective.Clin Therapeut. 2006; 28: 1922-1934
- Pregabalin versus gabapentin in the management of peripheral neuropathic pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia and diabetic neuropathy: a cost effectiveness analysis for the Greek healthcare setting.BMC Neurol. 2013; 13: 56
- A cost-utility comparison of four first-line medications in painful diabetic neuropathy.Pharmacoeconomics. 2008; 26: 1045-1064
- Long-term cost-effectiveness of initiating treatment for painful diabetic neuropathy with pregabalin, duloxetine, gabapentin, or desipramine.Pain. 2016; 157: 203-213
- Cost-effectiveness of duloxetine for knee OA subjects: the role of pain severity.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2021; 29: 28-38
- Quantitative sensory testing: identifying pain characteristics in patients with osteoarthritis.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2021;
- A comprehensive review of opioid-induced hyperalgesia.Pain Physician. 2011; 14: 145-161
- Cost-effectiveness of dental antibiotic prophylaxis in total knee arthroplasty recipients with type II diabetes mellitus.Osteoarthritis Cartilage Open. 2020; 2100084